Heart of the City is Auckland's city centre business association. We are one of a number of business associations across the Auckland Region delivering a Business Improvement District (BID) Programme. We are funded by property owners and commercial tenants within our boundaries.
We have an overall mission to foster a successful CBD economy. We are committed to developing a city centre that all Aucklanders are proud of, that is a thriving place to do business, is accessible, vibrant and a great place to be.
Our major work focuses are:
- Business support and development
- Marketing and promotion
- Events and events sponsorship
- Research and Statistics
- Safety projects
- Are a voice for business and property owners on important issues
- Advocate for and participate in projects that will transform the city centre
- Promote the city centre to increase visitation and spend through our marketing and events
- Aim to improve safety through programmes such as CityWatch and StoreWatch
- Work with Council and others to ensure the city centre is well-managed
- Provide performance information including 24/7 pedestrian counts and retail spend
- Are a key contact for business queries relating to the city centre
- Provide opportunities for members to get involved in Heart of the City activities
- Seek input from members on important issues and projects
- Keep our members up to date through our regular business communications.
Read our 2016 Annual Report here.