Cheap & Cheerful Eats campaign returns in May - who can participate and how to get involved
1 - 31 May 2022
Applications are now closed.
After a successful first year in 2021, we’re bringing back our ‘Cheap & Cheerful Eats’ campaign. This will showcase appealing food and drink offers from city centre cafés, bars and restaurants. This year, there will be two price points - ‘Cheap’ ($15) and ‘Cheerful’ ($30). The campaign will take place under all levels of the current COVID-19 Framework.
The Cheap & Cheerful Eats campaign is exclusively for restaurants, cafes and bars within the heart of the city boundary. A map of our boundary is available here.
Natalie Tan from Lemongrass Productions is liaising with businesses directly on our behalf to register businesses' participation in Cheap and Cheerful Eats 2022.
There are three ways you can register your participation
All registrations need to be submitted by no later than 5 pm, 28 March 2022.
- If you have a Gmail account, you can complete this application form.
- Download and fill out this application form. You should be able to fill it out on your computer. If you cannot, you can print it out and fill it out by hand. If you don't have a scanner, you can take a photo of the application form and send it as an attachment. The application form will need to be emailed to Natalie Tan at email@example.com.
Call Natalie Tan on 09 377 9224 to apply over the phone.
Natalie is also available to answer any questions you may have about Cheap and Cheerful. Her contact details are: firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 377 9224
To be part of the Cheap & Cheerful Eats promotion, businesses must provide an offer that is:
- A great value offer at either or both of the following two price points; ‘Cheap’ ($15 or less) or ‘Cheerful’ ($30).
- The offer must be unique to this promotion but may include items from your normal menu – e.g. limited time offer, new ingredients, bundled items at a slightly lower price.
- Cheap ($15 or less offers) - must be a minimum of one dish but can be more than one or a combo including food and a drink. Drinks can also be specified as an add on with a nominated price. Bar offers must be based on a food component.
- Cheerful ($30 offers) - must be a minimum of one dish PLUS a drink match – dining full of cheer!
- Available for lunch, dinner, or after work/early-bird dining (may have restricted times for availability) or a combination of any of these.
- Available during the whole month of May 2022.
Key Dates for the Cheap & Cheerful Eats campaign 2022
|16 February||Applications for Cheap & Cheerful Eats open|
|28 March||Applications for Cheap & Cheerful Eats close|
|4 April||Marketing campaign production starts, and applicants are confirmed.|
|w/c 18 April||Promotional campaign launches|
|1 May||Cheap & Cheerful Eats offers begin|
|31 May||Cheap & Cheerful Eats offers end|