Restaurant Month returns in August - who can participate and how to get involved
Restaurant Month is returning to the city centre this August and is designed to help support the city centre hospitality sector by celebrating the diversity of its dining scene and importantly entice customers to dine in!
Restaurant Month is exclusive to restaurants with table service in the city centre, is free to take part in and will go ahead under all current settings of the COVID-19 Protection Framework.
Lemongrass Productions is our official event manager for Restaurant Month and will work with Heart of the City businesses to confirm participation.
To take part in Restaurant Month 2022 businesses can:
Restaurant Month Menu/s:
Submit one or multiple Restaurant Month menus. To be eligible, set price menu/s, need to be:
- At a price point of $25, $40 or $55+ per person.
- Dine-in only and run for the entire month of August.
- Good value and unique to Restaurant Month.
- A minimum 2 courses: entrée + main / main + dessert.
- No more than 3 options per course.
- If you are open for dinner, you must offer a dinner menu, lunch is optional.
- Offers must include a drink match (alcoholic or non-alcoholic, either included in the set menu price or as a recommendation. Wine matches need to be from one of the Restaurant Month official wine partners, who will be announced soon.
Midweek food and drink offers
If you are interested in submitting a midweek offer, you can find out more by emailing Lemongrass Productions.
To participate in Restaurant Month activities for 2022
Please apply via Lemongrass Production's online portal. You will need to create an account and if you have multiple restaurants, you'll need separate accounts for each. Applications close 5 pm 31 May 2022.
Key Dates for 2022
- 1 March – Applications for all Restaurant Month activities open
- 31 May – Confirmation of participation in Restaurant Month due
- 14 June - All special menu submissions due.
- 1 July - Marketing campaign launches (all menus are live on heartofthecity.co.nz)
- 1 August - Restaurant Month 2022 kicks off!
If you are having any issues with your submission or have queries about the event, please call Natalie Tan on 09 377 9224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.